Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 6 - Grilled Cheese and Soup and Taking the Day Off Due to Being Sick


Break down cost of this meal.

Sunflower Seed Bread $3.99
Buffalo's Sorrento Mozzerella Cheese $2.99
Olde Cape Cod New England Clam Chowder $3.19
 (Now I know this is so not local! However when you're sick this is the best soup to comfort your cough!)

Total cost for 4 servings = $10.17

The weather is decidedly Fall like here in Buffalo, and every year without fail I end up with some delightful upper-respiratory infection/cold that leaves me begging for soup and sandwiches and time-out on the couch. Some could say well why not your amazing creamy potato soup? Why clam chowder? I don't know, something about the clams always clears my head and helps me feel so much better. And besides, buying a can of soup is not the worst thing in the world, so long as it is in keeping in the spirit of honoring smaller companies like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment