Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jams, Jellies, Pickles & Sauce by JJ's Jams

 A few nights ago, as my family and I were walking back home after watering and weeding our Grant Street garden, we passed two women loading their car full of canned jellies.

We got to chatting and they handed us a jar of rhubarb jelly. Which I promptly opened to smell and taste. It's pale red color and consistent texture were perfect. It was sweet and mellow and I looked forward to trying it on toast.
I visited Sarah of B. Ferrante's on Friday and she gave me a bâtard to try.

This morning I went to the Bidwell Farmers Market and made sure to stop and see Max at the First Light Farm & Creamery tent. (Galette, Chevre Cauliflower and Grouper Chowder) I purchased a pack of the Thyme & White Pepper Double Cream Chevre.
This toast was thickly layered with the chevre and then the jelly. The blend of pungent cheese with the delicate jelly was saporific.
If you are interested in trying out JJ's Jams for yourself, click this link and print out their order form.

No comments:

Post a Comment