Thursday, August 16, 2012

Late Summer Tomato Dressing



There was a little more than one pint of farmer's market yellow kumquat tomatoes left and I was sick of eating them as they were. I tossed them, along with four 'Baby Girl' tomatoes from my garden, quartered, into my new blender.


Then I squeezed in half an orange and added it's pulp and drizzled in 1/4 cup of D'Avalio's Cilantro & Roasted Onion Infused Olive oil. I also added fresh cracked pepper and flaked salt.



Blended the ingredients on high and then added in 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano and continued to blend until smooth.



The dressing was strong and rich and brought out the sweetness of the spinach and basil leaves in this salad. It was such a snap to make that I know I'll definitely be making this again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE homemade salad dressing. This one looks so fresh and lovely!

    ReplyDelete